was on Saturday, 30 January 2010. I promised myself to blog about it the next day. Well since the promise was only to myself … not like the promise to Mickie to give her a post of her own, … Mickie will have to wait a little longer I am afraid.

It was so cold Saturday, do you want to know how cold? I’ll tell you, it was so cold I wore my tights and my long underwear, and I was still cold! Em had her nail appointment that she refuses to miss so we went.

While she went for her appointment I went to the library, I got my card activated so I could go online. Of course by the time I got around to doing it, she was done with her appointment. But now for her next appointment I can go to the library and go online (not that I’m addicted or obsessive or anything). In fact I visited the library Tuesday before my doctor’s appointment since my internet connection at home was down. (It is fixed now.) Our network administrator (Dad) fixed it. So the first thing I learned Saturday was that even if your NYC Public Library sits in your purse for two years you can still get it activated.

We met for lunch at the Moonlight Diner. Then we walked from the diner to the New York Historical Society. It was very cold. Did I tell you how cold it was? It was so cold, I wore my leather mittens instead of my hand warmers. At the New York Historical Society there is a special exhibit of Lincoln right now, and there were men dressed in Union Soldier uniforms. One of them told me that Mr. Lincoln was always accepting volunteers and there was no height requirement! Tempting as it was …

Next was Central Park, where I took this picture. Can you see what I was trying get, almost in the center of the picture there is something you might think you wouldn’t see in Central Park in the middle of New York City. Can’t tell what it is? What if we get a little closer?

Now can you see? No it is not a dog, it is a coyote. Really! Em and I were walking along and she turned to me and asked, “What is a coyote doing in Central Park?” Now to tell the truth, Em does not read the papers. Since I work for the Conservation Department, I know more about these things so she always asks me. So I told her. “It lives here.” As we watched, it ran into the trees because there was some garbage there. Then it kept going around the pond and I was able to get this picture. Kind of neat huh?

Em wanted to go to Sephora so we went to the one in Columbus Circle. She had seen some glittery nail polish at the one on 42nd but they didn’t have any for sale. So she wanted to see if this Sephora had it and they did. Then we decided to head back to Grand Central Terminal. It was very cold. Did I tell you how cold it was? It was so cold, Em wanted to take the subway instead of walk. We went to get on the subway in Columbus Circle. I was confident it would be a snap since my dermatologist is near Columbus Circle and I have taken the subway to and from there. We needed the 1 train, so we followed the signs right up to the caution tape across the stairs up to the train platform. Next to the stairs was the elevator, when the doors opened to the platform where the 1 train stopped, more yellow caution tape. So we went back down and I got my map out (you know the one where I have to wear my reading glasses to see, grrr) and learned something else, the D train goes from Columbus Circle to Bryant Park. So easy! Then we just walked from Bryant Park to Annie Moore’s. So it was a fun day, but it was very cold. Did I tell you how cold it was? It was so cold